love you so much it hurts


love you so much it hurts. i love you so much it hurts. i
i love you so much it hurts. i


RocketmanNov 15, 09:46 AMFrom what I am reading so far, the real benefit of 8 cores in the real world of a minority of applications being truly well threaded, is the ability to run 2-4 large complicated programs simultaneously, multiple instances of programs (some have talked about running 4 copies of handbrake), and multiple OS's simultaneously.

All those things also require vast amounts of memory as well, so a MacPro or X-serve is the only way to go now to addres 16GB+.

Apple has always had memory crippled computers on the low end. If they could do ONE thing in the coming 64 bit world, I would ask them to make the motherboards at least be able to address FUTURE RAM options as the cost always drops rapidly and the requirements always seem to be predominantly ram based.

Rocketman



love you so much it hurts. i love you so much it hurts. i
i love you so much it hurts. i


takaoFeb 26, 05:53 AMi just checked the austrian chevrolet cruze site and interestingly the 2.0 diesel engine there doesn't match the power output of the engine mentioned here as it's a 163 hp, 360 nm engine opposed to the 150hp 320nm

the power output would fit the r 425 on the VM motori site but then the displacement doesn't match (2 liters vs. 2.5)

edit: nevermind ... the 163hp diesel is the new 2011 replacement engine for the 150 hp engine in the euro market, so i suspect the old production line of the 150hp version can no produce the engine for the US market ;)



love you so much it hurts. I miss you so much it hurts.
I miss you so much it hurts.


SciFrogFeb 17, 12:55 PMNo remote login?



love you so much it hurts. i love you so much it hurts.
i love you so much it hurts.


wheezyNov 15, 06:37 PMThat really depends on the program, on how "parallelizable" the application is.

The simplest way to think of it is like this: Let's say you have a program that first has to calculate A. Then, when it's done that, it uses the result of A to calculate B. Then, when it's done that, uses the result of B to calculate C, then C to D, and so on. That's a *serial* problem there. The calculation of B can't begin until A is done, so it doesn't matter how many processors you have running, all computation is held up on one spot.

On the other hand, let's say you have an application that needs to calculate A, B, C and D, but those four values are not dependent on each other at all. In that case, you can use four processors at the same time, to calculate all four values at the same time.

Think of it like baking a cake. You can't start putting on the icing until the cake is done baking. And you can't start baking the cake until the ingredients are all mixed together. But you can have people simultaneously getting out and measuring the ingredients.

So that problem is partially parallelizable, but the majority of its workload is a serial process.

Some software applications, just by their very nature, will never be able to do anything useful with multiple processors.

What a very lovely analogy. Thank you.

For me... 8 cores for the bragging rights only... so I guess I won't get one anytime soon. I'm sure 4 would suit me fine though, I need to upgrade my 1Ghz G4!!!



love you so much it hurts. I Love You So Much It Hurts 23
I Love You So Much It Hurts 23


RayLancerSep 30, 03:40 PMdid u get that weird watermarks like on wolfboy's post a few posts up?

I don't have the cases on me, I just got it this morning before heading to work. I'll be sure to post back. The cases are cheap for $4 each and I'm planning on replacing them at some point soon.



love you so much it hurts. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH IT HURTS
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH IT HURTS


vnleNov 27, 12:05 PMBlack Friday Goodies :D

Samsung LCD TV 40"
Black Wii
WD MyBook Elite 1.5 TB
Ikea Mount



love you so much it hurts. i love you so much it hurts
i love you so much it hurts


BurningJahMar 22, 06:20 PMDo people seriously have that many songs?!!! seriously?!!!

220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.

Apple discontinue that dinosaur! It makes you look bad to just have it on your website.

Yes people do have that many songs! I for instance
Why is that totally not necessary??



love you so much it hurts. Love You So Much It Hurts
Love You So Much It Hurts


QCassidy352Apr 2, 07:52 PMgreat ad. Totally unnecessary, since it's impossible to buy one in most places, but great ad nonetheless.



love you so much it hurts. love you so much quotes.
love you so much quotes.


CaptMurdockNov 28, 12:51 PMI like that concept... not owning a microwave. Encourages you to eat fresh and reheat things the proper way. :)

When our last microwave broke, we replaced it with a toaster oven. As for popcorn, we got a hot air popper. Much healthier.
http://www.popcornpopperreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Presto-Poplite-Hot-Air-Popcorn-Popper.jpg



love you so much it hurts. quot;I love you so much it hurtsquot;. Posted by Mathias Svalina at 8:47 AM
quot;I love you so much it hurtsquot;. Posted by Mathias Svalina at 8:47 AM


jtaylr77Jan 1, 05:39 PMJobs receives a call during keynote and reaches into his pocket...


...audience errupts with joyful tears...








...pulls out iTunes compatible motorola phone....



...audience sighs....and cries....


....Steve gets another call 5 mintues later...


...pulls out iPhone

...geeks bumrush the stage and carry Steve off on their shoulders



love you so much it hurts. love+you+so+much+it+hurts+
love+you+so+much+it+hurts+


antmarobelMar 31, 11:49 AMOk folks!!! Now try to manage your favorites in "Favorites Bar"!!! Try to change their places and see what happen!!! Pure madness!!!:D:D



love you so much it hurts. love+you+so+much+it+hurts+
love+you+so+much+it+hurts+


Benny777Apr 19, 12:32 PMYes!!! This will complement my recently purchased iPad 2 and MacBook Pro issued to me from work! I've got the cash, I've just been waiting for the Sandy Bridge/Thunderbolt update and hopefully a 24" version!



love you so much it hurts. I love them so much it hurts.
I love them so much it hurts.


xelavelobosJan 1, 07:29 PMI am very excited about this year, but apple will be smart not to do too much in one show. I mean how many surprises and new products can they release at one time before the public gets overwhelmed or exhausted (i.e. the dinosaur sequence in king kong)? I think they will focus on a few special things, probably not the phone though.



love you so much it hurts. but i love you so much it
but i love you so much it


OrganMusicApr 11, 10:10 PMI've driven a friends Passat with DSG and it's better than a conventional automatic, but still meh as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps it's faster to 60 and more efficient but I don't care.

My reasons for preferring manual are:

1. Engine always feels connected to the wheels. Yes the DSG helps with this.

2. I'm always conscious of what gear I'm in without having to look down at the indicator.

3. In an AT car when driving around town (~35-40 mph) in full auto mode, it's going to be in top gear so any time you want to speed up even a little you have to give it more gas, then wait for it to decide to downshift before you get any response. And if you've given it enough gas to do that it usually slams into the new gear and you get a jerk instead of a nice smooth pull.

4. Manual shift paddles can help with this, but now you've got to drive in manual mode all the time which I find a PITA (see #2). No easy access to N for coasting etc.

5. Just feel more connected to the machine.

I even got my wife to like manual when she was driving my old Mazda3 while her car was in the shop. We now own two MINIs both in 6-speed manual.

I drive in Chicago traffic all the time and in fact hate having to stand on the brake in an AT all the time. The clutches in most smaller cars (e.g. our MINIs) are light enough it's really not that much work.



love you so much it hurts. them so much. It hurts to
them so much. It hurts to


PowerFullMacJan 12, 10:25 AMReally? I guess they've never heard of Nike before then.

People thought the iPhone would be called the iPhone for years.

I think that they should go with 'MacBook Pump' instead. The Reebok Pumps were so cool. Pump it up!

http://www.flytip.com/blogs/sneaker_culture/archives/images/alife_pump.jpg

Cisco already used the name "iPhone", but that never stopped the almighty Apple!



love you so much it hurts. i love you so much baby
i love you so much baby


BRLawyerMar 24, 01:54 PMWould definitely be great if they would just support off-the-shelf graphics cards. I'd be a little surprised, but I've given up saying that Apple will or won't do something just because of their prior decisions.

jW

Well, it seems like the fabled xMac is finally coming for some... :rolleyes:



love you so much it hurts. Love You So Much It Hurts
Love You So Much It Hurts


MultimediaNov 22, 10:45 PMQuad-core chips (and octo-core systems) are available now from the other top tier Intel vendors. Apple not included.Typical. Are they 2.33 and 2.66GHz models Aiden? Got links?

SideNote: The Madonna Concert in HD on NBC tonight is groundbreaking broadcast television. One of the most amazing telecasts I have ever seen-heard. I am a huge Madonna fan though. :D Tony Bennett's special last night also on NBC was an amazing HD composition as well.



love you so much it hurts. love you so much it hurts,
love you so much it hurts,


ChazUKApr 26, 01:58 PMMatts Macintosh describes 1984 Mac System 1 comes with dash-board like widgets. Video:
http://obamapacman.com/2011/04/1984-mac-os-system-1-gui-apps-video/
Thanks for the video Consultant. Looks like my computing knowledge doesn't span back far enough. Are there any more videos or links that discuss the history of widgets at all?

My quick bit of searching has bought me to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desk_accessories and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_engine which implies that Apple may have been the precursor to modern desktop widgets.

Interesting stuff.



love you so much it hurts. love you so much it hurts,
love you so much it hurts,


MacRumorsApr 2, 06:59 PMhttp://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/02/apple-releases-we-believe-commercial-for-ipad-2/)





dongminJul 19, 05:10 PMThis past quarter was all about the MacBook. I wonder how much of the 500,000 laptops sold were MacBooks; I'd hazard to guess 70-75% The PowerBooks are currently bad buys, in my opinion. Hopefully, Apple will update the MBPs with a new design and new processors.

The dropoff in the desktops can be attributed to a couple factors:

1. The initial pent-up demand for Intel consumer desktops have now cooled. Apple will refresh the line this quarter which should help move a lot more of these units.

2. Now that the cat is out of the bag, everyone is waiting for an Intel pro desktop. If Apple is able to do some sort of joint Mac Pro and Adobe CS3 release, they'll sell these Mac Pros is truckloads.

Shooting from hip: I expect bigger Mac sales in September with the refresh of the desktops plus MBPs. Maybe in the 1.5 mil territory with higher profit margins.

And for the Xmas quarter, we could get close to the 2 mil mark. OK, maybe 2 mil is too ambitious; but I'd expect nothing less than 1.8 mil.



WillisAug 6, 09:18 PMOh my

it's like christmas come early

infact it's better

christmas sucks, and it's cold

WWDC is my favourite holiday :p

you got my vote... man, i should get some sleep, need to be up at 11am.. my car has been making grinding noises, so off to see the mechanic!!



caribou123Sep 22, 05:50 AMWhat was the checkout like? Did you have to go through their checkout? I'm always suspicious of those places, and am concerned that they're using unsecured special checkouts and/or are stealing identities. And I'm not usually a suspicious person.


If you are in ebay and you click on the the paypal link to ebay on the ebay website there is no way that such a thing could happen.



syklee26Sep 7, 10:33 AMI checked around at comp usa, best buy and even the apple store to see if the mini's they had in stock would be reduced in price because of the new ones that came out.

Best buy and Comp USA had no clue that new models were released and would not budge in price. I dont know what the apple store policy is.

Shouldnt comp usa and best buy reduce the price of the core solo minis they have left?

technically they are NOT the same system because previously 1.66 Duo had superdrive but the new system has combo drive in it. and i think for 1.66 system Hard drive shrunk to 60gb.



MultimediaAug 25, 10:14 AMI havent yet found a situation where the 1.66 Yonah in my mini is the problem. granted, I dont use photoshop and I have the full whack of 2GB RAM - my beef with the mini is when I boot into 'doze and wanna play games - that GMA950 just can't cut the mustard.

So what would make me rush out and buy a new mini (and put this one under the TV) would be a faster graphics processor.

Cant see that happening any time soon tho.I can.I agree to that. I got the Mini thinking the GPU couldn't be that bad. I was really wrong. If they up the GPU I'll buy another one and be happy. If not - I'll live with the underpowered video of the mini until Apple finally releases a headless iMac (or something equivalent).Only thing holding back better GPU in mini and MacBooks is Intel. Apple needs to stick with IG for cost reasons. Just wating for Intel to start shipping better GPU so they can improve that ASAP. I'm with you guys. Waiting for that to improve as well. But may happen with this refresh. Don't know the IG roadmap so well. Read here the 965 set is delayed until early 2007.

Can anyone here confirm where we're at and going how soon on the Intel Integrated GPU front?Oh as a side note. The 965 chipset which features the GMA 3000 or GMA X3000 will indeed have more features (http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2837), but preliminary benchmarks (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pconline.com.cn%2Fmarket%2Fsh%2Fshoppingguide%2Fchangshang%2F0608%2F844 892.html&langpair=zh-CN%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8) show it performing even worse than the GMA 950.

Edit: And you may be quite right on your prediction of the 965 chipset. Due to a design flaw (http://digitimes.com/mobos/a20060731A5025.html) in the integrated graphics subsystem (GMA X3000/3000) the availability of the chips has been delayed to mid August, making them just in time for new Mini's in September.Fantastic.





Posted by
sori


at
3:59 AM

























0
comments:







Post a Comment